In the Dorking and Leatherhead Advertiser of 28th September 1907 the creation of Leatherhead Choral Society was announced. The first rehearsal took place on 14th October 1907 at the Leatherhead Institute and the work rehearsed was Handel's Messiah. The choir was conducted by Rowland Briant (1861-1933) who lived in Epsom. He was a professor of the organ at the Royal Academy of Music. Information is sparse, but it appears that this choir gave an annual concert and occasionally sang at other events in Leatherhead for a few years.
A brief biography of Rowland Briant can be found in the Dictionary of Composers for the Church in Great Britsin and Ireland (Evans, R. and Humphreys, M., 1997, London, Bloomsbury Publishing).
By 1914 the conductor was Mr T Webb, but at this point this incarnation of Leatherhead Choral Society fades from view.